- What do the different blood results actually measure; ferritin levels, transferrin saturation and haemoglobin?
- Does a liver transplant cure other symptoms of genetic haemochromatosis?
- Can I be an organ donor?
- Can I be a blood donor?
- What is meant by being de-ironed?
- Why are knuckles and the joints in the foot particularly affected?
- Where can I find more information?
- How should I prepare for venesection?
- Do carriers (heterozygotes) have to worry about symptoms?
- What is meant by homozygous and heterozygous?
- Do my family need to be tested?
- Do I have to inform insurers about my haemochromatosis?
- I have haemochromatosis and I am pregnant or planning to become pregnant? Will there be any complications?
- What symptoms might ease as I am treated by venesection?
- Will my children be affected?
- What is a simple way to explain what I’ve got?
- What does it mean when the doctor tells me I am “in maintenance”?
- Why have I been advised not to eat shellfish?
- What about Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Magnesium and Zinc supplements, and indeed others?
- Is there a specific diet I should follow?